- Available in-store
- Available online
Tern HSD S+
The 2020 Tern HSD S+ electric cargo bike is one of the best options in the growing market of alternative transport vehicles. Touted as the bike that grows with the family, the HSD offer’s enough customization to suit the needs of the 21st century family, and a geometry of one size fit’s most. Anyone between 4’11” and 6’5” with an appetite for adventure, and a desire to reduce their carbon footprint, are adequately accommodated on the Tern HSD.
By merit of being engineered for the family, the aluminum frame has a remarkable capacity for both utility, and maximum load of 320 lbs (145kg). Coupled with the performance and reliability of the new Gen3 Bosch Performance Line mid-drive system, you’ll get around further and faster without so much as a sweat. Sporting enough torque to run laps around San Francisco, the 500Wh battery will provide up to a 130km of pedal assistance between charges. While the folding handlebars and telescopic seat post of the HSD ensures it can fit into the smallest of storage spaces, especially as it can be stored vertically.
Designed with both performance and safety in mind, the Tern HSD S+ comes equipped with premium components to assure the highest standards are met. The Gates carbon belt drive paired with the Enviolo Automatiq internal hub gear offers automiatic shifting while being virtually maintenance free, so you just need to focus on the journey ahead. The extra weight and capacity of the bike means high performance hydraulic disc brakes and puncture resistant, Schwalbe tires have been used to ensure safe and comfortable riding even when at the maximum weight. Add the luminous LED lights on both front and back, reflective decals, and a relaxed up-right riding position for optimal visibility, the HSD is completely optimized for safety.
Not resting on its spectacular performance, the Tern HSD S+ is designed to be fully customized for any and all urban lifestyles. From the optional cargo racks, to adjustable Thule Child Seats, pannier bags, and padded seats, the Tern HSD easily reflects your needs and lifestyle.
- Motor: Bosch Performance Line Gen3
- Battery: Bosch Powerpack 500
- Display: Bosch Intuvia
- Estimated Range: Up to 130 km
- Maximum Speed: 32 km/h (20 mph)
- Frame: Tern HSD, 6061-AL, patented design
- Fork: Suntour custom for Tern
- Crankset: Tern HSD custom
- Drivetrain: Enviolo Automatiq integrated automatic shifting, Belt drive
- Shifter: Enviolo Automatiq
- Wheels: Tern Atlas H, cargo wheel
- Tires: Schwalbe Big Ben, 55-406
- Brakes: Magura MT4, hydraulic disc
- Handlebars: Tern Sweep, 6061-AL, Tern Andros adapted
- Stem: Tern Andros (G2), adjustable, forged construction, patented technology
- Saddle: Tern HSD
- Seatpost: Cane Creek Thudbuster ST, Tern Telescope, 34.9/30.9 mm, 2014-AL
- Pedals: Urban with non-slip surface
- Lights: Front: Tern Valo, Rear: Herrmans H-Trace
- Fenders: SKS, stainless hardware
- Rear Carrier: Atlas H rack, Atlas Rack Mount, 6 point mounting
- Kickstand: Ursus, rear mount
- Lock: ABUS 5650L, keyed-alike with Bosch battery
- Weight: 26.7 kg (58.7 lb)