- Available in-store
- Available online
Tern HSD P9
The 2020 Tern HSD P9 electric cargo bike is one of the best options in the growing market of alternative transport vehicles. Touted as the bike that grows with the family, the HSD offer’s enough customization to suit the needs of the 21st century family, and a geometry of one size fit’s most. Anyone between 4’11” and 6’5” with an appetite for adventure, and a desire to reduce their carbon footprint, are adequately accommodated on the Tern HSD.
By merit of being engineered for the family, the aluminum frame has a remarkable capacity for both utility, and maximum load of 320 lbs (145kg). Coupled with the performance and reliability of the Bosch Active Plus mid-drive system, you’ll get around further and faster without so much as a sweat. Sporting enough torque to run laps around San Francisco, the 400Wh battery will provide up to a 110km of pedal assistance between charges. While the folding handlebars and telescopic seat post of the HSD ensures it can fit into the smallest of storage spaces, especially as it can be stored vertically.
Designed with both performance and safety in mind, the Tern HSD P9 comes equipped with premium components to assure the highest standards are met. The extra weight and capacity of the bike means high performance hydraulic disc brakes and kevlar lined, puncture resistant, Schwalbe tires have been used to ensure safe and comfortable riding even when at the maximum weight. Add the luminous LED lights on both front and back, reflective decals, and a relaxed up-right riding position for optimal visibility, the HSD is completely optimized for safety.
Not resting on its spectacular performance, the Tern HSD P9 is designed to be fully customized for any and all urban lifestyles. From the optional cargo racks, to adjustable Thule Child Seats, pannier bags, and padded seats, the Tern HSD easily reflects your needs and lifestyle.
- Motor: Bosch Active+
- Battery: Bosch Powerpack 400
- Display: Bosch Purion
- Estimated Range: Up to 110 km
- Maximum Speed: 32 km/h (20 mph)
- Frame: Tern HSD, 6061-AL, patented design
- Fork: Suntour custom for Tern
- Crankset: Tern HSD custom
- Drivetrain: Shimano Alivio Shadow
- Shifter: Shimano Alivio, 1 x 9 spd, trigger
- Wheels: Tern Atlas H, cargo wheel
- Tires: Schwalbe Big Apple, 55-406, puncture protection, Reflex
- Brakes: Shimano, hydraulic disc, 180 mm rotor
- Handlebars: Tern Sweep, 6061-AL, Tern Andros adapted
- Stem: Tern Andros (G2), adjustable, forged construction, patented technology
- Saddle: Tern HSD
- Seatpost: Tern Telescope, 34.9/30.9 mm, 2014-AL
- Pedals: Urban with non-slip surface
- Lights: Front: Tern Valo, Rear: Herrmans H-Trace
- Fenders: SKS, stainless hardware
- Rear Carrier: Atlas H rack, Atlas Rack Mount, 6 point mounting
- Kickstand: Ursus, rear mount
- Lock: ABUS 5650L, keyed-alike with Bosch battery
- Weight: 25.7 kg (56.5 lb)